Tuesday, September 17, 2013

2001: A Space Odyssey / Clockwork Orange



John Heinrich
Both of these movies are stellar to say the least, I saw both of them when they came out. I was prepared for 2001: A Space Odyssey but A Clockwork Orange totally took me by surprise! Love both of them and just ordered this DVD of both movies for my daughter who is living in Europe!

4.5 a great idea, almost perfect...
There's not much to say about this set for the well initiated, so here's a brief sum:
PROS: ACWO & 2001, two classic Kubrick films together for an MSRP of $15 and a average retail price of $8-$12
CONS: 2001 seems to be an exact extraction from the 2disc set released a few or so years ago; on the disc itself it says "DISC 1 MOVIE" uh...2001 isn't disc 1, for one thing, and...even if it were, what's disc 2? Another movie!! So...2001, even though it's in the 2nd slot, the 2nd slot being that which is closer to the back of the casing (pardon me if I'm not thinking far enough outside of the bun), 2001:ASO is Disc 1 and includes the movie 2001: A SPACE ODYSSEY. So what the heck is Disc 2? You can either come to your own off the wall nonsense conclusion or you can assume what I wrote above is THE TRUTH!

DISCLAIMER:
*I haven't actually watched these discs, so restoration quality, if applicable, is unknown at this time and probably will remain so for...



Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment