Friday, September 6, 2013

NFL: America's Game - 1985 Chicago Bears (Super Bowl XX)



One of NFL Films best works!
Not much of a football fan myself (although I'll watch a good rivalry), but darn if I didn't catch myself watching the top 20 Countdown of the America's Game series a couple years back (the back stories and personality profiles are great).

NFL Network counted down the top 20 Super Bowl teams, and the 1985 Chicago Bears was rated #2. Out of the 20 I watched, I'd rank this DVD as #1 in the series (I'd also rank the 85 Bears first). NFL Films does great work, and this DVD shows `em at their best-great music, great video, and the shot (and music) of Walter Payton sitting on the bench by himself with his head in his hands at his last game will tug on your heartstrings!

I'd recommend watching this DVD first, then getting your hands on the Pure Payton DVD (DVD is available only in the book Payton).

Both are highly recommended, even if you aren't a football fan-my 75-year-old mom couldn't care less about football, and she loved it!

If you know...

I Love This DVD
I have been shopping on Amazon for years and this is the 1st review I have written. Reason why? I love this DVD on the 85 Bears and would recommend it to anyone who would listen. The extras were almost as good as the body of the video. If you are a football geek like I am, you'll love this DVD.

Not superbowl as case says
I bought this thinking it was the superbowl as the case says. It's not don't be fooled. When you expect the 1985 game as it says on the cover, you should get it. False advertising.

Click to Editorial Reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment